Monday, June 2, 2014

I Selected Pinterest!

Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board where you can pin ideas for just about anything!

I find Pinterest interesting because you can find content pinned by other users or you can pin content yourself.  Pins work like bookmarks on a web browser.  They include a picture and a link to a web page, blog, or commercial site.  Pins also include descriptions and comments.  They can be organized by topic, date, or just about any way you choose on boards.  The boards work like a folder for web browser bookmarks. And did I mention the pictures? The pictures make it easier to remember what you have bookmarked than just reading a web address!

Pinterest is also available for businesses to promote their business and to developers to make websites 'pinner' friendly!  I was unaware of this when I chose to research Pinterest.

I have not been disappointed in what I am learning because the Pinterest site has a guide that is helping me learn what I need to know about Pinterest.

To register for a free Pinterest account, go to www.pinterest.com and follow the prompts.  It's that simple! One thing you meed to be aware of with Pinterest is that you can be directed to spam sites if you aren't careful.  To avoid these, always follow the link before you pin so you know the link takes you where it says it will!

Pinterest works in a PLN because you can find and pin almost anything in a neat and organized manner for quick and easy retrieval.

1 comment:

  1. Good Selected!.
    I found it very interesting to read about Pinterest. The features you described were resembled to the pages of Facebook, as we also get news feed from the pages we’ve liked. But Pinterest seemed more pleasant to me, because of the ease of organizing the interests chronologically, according to the topic, or by any way the user like. Moreover, the pictures would make it easy to remember what you had posted earlier. The use of Pinterest for business enterprises didn’t impress me much, as it is more of a website, which is more customized for personal use. The sign up process is very easy, but the problem of spam link will disturb many amateur users. I would say that Pinterest will be a great help to enhance the PLN, as it offers a wide range of customizable ways to the user to read about their interests. Do you believe the Pinterest are famous and easy to use like other websites? Good post, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete