Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Amazing PLN

Most of the topics I have included in my PLN are education topics since I would like to eventually enter the field of adult education.  the other topics that interest me are home improvement and leadership/management.

I have few companies in my PLN and could probably stand to have a few more.  When I find some I feel will benefit me, I will certainly add them!  I mostly have people and organizations in my PLN and I will continue to add more as I find those that interest me.  Since my PLN is relatively new, I don't have any dead end connections, but I will monitor my PLN regularly and delete those that are dead end connections or those that don't interest me any more!  As many of you might have figured out, I find dead end links very annoying!  If I click on a link, it had better take me to where it says it does!  I also try to keep current.  If content hasn't been updated for over a year, I feel it is no longer pertinent! 





3 comments:

  1. It sounds like your PLN is off to a great start and you're doing a great job developing it. I think you've got a firm grasp on what areas you need to continue to build, and are working toward doing so. I would suggest rethinking deleting contacts that are "dead end links." People may not be as active as you are on LinkedIn and Twitter, and remaining connected to them may still be advantageous. I think there is a difference between no longer following a blog that no longer interests you and deleting a contact that isn't as active as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your PLN is very easy to understand based on your graphics. What program did you use? I think based on how long we have been creating our PLN you are very successful. Knowing the direction you want to eventually end up is very important. What kind of companies or organizations will you be including in your PLN to further your career pursuit in adult education?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time, I am not sure what kind of companies and organizations I will be including! Right now, if something catches my attention, I plan on adding it to my PLN. If I find, at a later date, that it doesn't help me in the way I want it to, I will remove it from my PLN. I believe in being more safe than sorry! It is easier to remove something than search for it after it's been lost.

      Delete