Thursday, June 12, 2014

More About Pintrest

The more I use Pinterest, the more I learn about it!  For instance, did you know you can add a 'Pin it' button to your own web site to make it easier for visitors to bookmark your site on Pinterest? I didn't either, until I started researching Pinterest! There is also a mobile app available for either android or iOS.  With a simple visit to the App Store, on your Apple device, or Google Play, on your Android device, you can take Pinterest everywhere with you.  This would come in very handy if you needed to access your information and weren't near a computer.

There are several guides on how to use Pinterest.  I found this one particularly helpful: The Unoffical Pinterest Guide.  This is a text only guide.  I found it helpful because I was able to print out and follow while I was using Pinterest, which is easier than trying to follow a video guide if you have a small screen!  For those who prefer video, You Tube has several guides as well. This one was helpful to me: New Pinterest Tutorial. The only thing I didn't like about this one is that it doesn't start by telling you how to sign up for Pinterest!  That can be found here: Pinterest Sign Up. This person also has an interesting blog!  At least I thought it was interesting.  The name really caught my attention!  Check it out:  http://www.topsecretsocialnetworkingtips.com/  She has lots and lots of information posted there.


1 comment:

  1. I use Pinterest quite a bit. I find it to be a great platform for creativity and exposure. I was not aware of the ability to add a 'pin it' button to one's web page. That's great information which will come in handy. Great choice on the resources you used in your post.

    ReplyDelete